- The 39th annual Slovenefest, scheduled July 10-12, 2020, also marks the 64th anniversary of the Miss SNPJ Pageant, which has become a highlight of each Slovenefest weekend since 1998.
- Slovenefest offers visitors the opportunity to polka and waltz,
Slovenian-style, in four different venues. The four performance venues
for Slovenefest include the air-conditioned Alpine Room and the spacious Outside Stage, which host the popular Slovenian-style polka bands; the International Pavilion, which is reserved for more traditional, ethnic Slovenian musicians and visiting performers; and the Gostilna (club room), which pulses with the beat of a variety of button box
clubs and good-time musicians. Are you a musician? Bring along your
instrument and join in the jam sessions scheduled throughout the weekend
in the Food & Jam Tent.
- Learn more about Slovenia and its culture from the extensive
displays of traditional clothing, crafts and household items in the SNPJ Slovenian Heritage Center. The air-conditioned Heritage Center is open throughout Slovenefest weekend. Admission to the SNPJ Heritage Center is free.
- The Slovenefest “Make It, Bake It, Grow It” Crafters Bazaar returns
this year, presenting some of the area’s finest crafters, all of whom
will have items available for purchase. Hours of operation for the
crafters bazaar are noon to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday; admission is
included with Slovenefest admission.
- Slovenefest is ideal for families and kids! In addition to all the
great live music, food and exhibits that adults and families are sure to
enjoy, special activities are arranged for children. The SNPJ
Recreation Center also offers a playground, fishing, swimming and
miniature golf – all just for kids – during Slovenefest.
There’s something for everyone at Slovenefest – music, dancing, food, friends and fun. So gather the entire family together this July and head out to the SNPJ Recreation Center in the Borough of SNPJ (Enon Valley), PA, [map it] to help us celebrate another fun-filled Slovenefest weekend.